Sunday, January 2, 2011

Vellum Flower Book Mark Revisited (and a tutorial)

Hello, Stampers!  I hope you all enjoyed celebrating the new year!  We did at our house.  Today I have a little gift for you.  I belong to several yahoo groups and on one of them we were saying which of our creations from 2010 we liked the best.  I decided it was my vellum flower bookmarks from last spring.  You can see the original post here.  I was again asked for instructions for these.  I meant to do a tutorial for it last spring, but it never happened.  Well, today it is happening!  This is my first tutorial on my blog, so if it is a bit quirky, please bear with me.  :)



I started with an 8 1/2" X 11" piece of vellum paper folded into fourths along the 11" side.  I folded in half and then in half again.

I punched twice with my Scallop Circle Punch to make 8 pieces



I also punched 4 Old Olive scallop circles which I glued together with the Go Anywhere Glue Stick.  Be sure to put glue on BOTH pieces before you press them together!


Stamp all your vellum pieces.  I used the Fine Flourish stamp and Riding Hood Red Classic ink.



Wad all the scallop circles into little balls


Flatten them back out and stack them on top of each other.  They don't have to line up perfectly.
Punch a hole in the center of your stack with the Paper Piercing Tool and add a brad to hold all the layers together.
Wad each layer again, separately, toward the center and around the brad.
It will look like this after the second wadding.

Fluff from the center with your fingers.  It will start to look like a flower.  When you are satisfied with the look of it, set it aside for now.





Take your Super Sized paper clip and wrap a Pop Up Glue Dot around the sides at the top as shown. Press firmly to the scallop that will be the back of your bookmark.




Attach your flower to the scallop that will be the front of your bookmark with either mini glue dots or a dimensional. Attach over the glue dots on the paperclip.




Tie a piece of green ribbon around one side of the paper clip for leave and you have a beautiful gift.



The paperclips  I used in this project today were some I got in a bulk buy through a group I belong to.  They are bigger than the ones I have found in the local office supply stores and I found that they are also thicker.  Because of this I needed to use a dimensional to hold the top of the Old Olive scallops together.

I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial.  I'd love to see your completed projects using these instructions!  Remember, if I can stamp, you can, too!





8 comments:

Julie said...

Really nice tutorial. Love the project. Thanks for sharing.

Maree said...

Just beautiful and great job on the tutorial! Thanks for sharing :)

Teresa Hafso said...

Wow that is a beautiful flower. Thanks for sharing your tutorial with us and I look forward to making one of these flowers too!

bonnie32002 said...

Very nice! It looks so soft and fluffy. Thanks for the how-to!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Very pretty Tory, great tutorial too! You may just have inspired me to revisit this technique... lol, now to find the time!

Jayne Stenstrom said...

Gorgeous project and a great step-by-step tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

Lucia Kaiser said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial. I can't wait to try it!

Lucia K
http://scrappinalong.blogspot.com

Denise Willerton said...

Beautiful creations ~ Love the flower Tory ~ TFS