Sunday, August 18, 2013

After a long sabbattical...

I know I have been gone for ever, but I'm still kicking.  It has just been a really busy summer.  We didn't sustain massive tornado damage, but did have to have a new roof and have our truck repaired.  We finally got our truck back Friday!

On to more fun topics.  Like stamping!!  The new Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog is out and it has some great things in it.  One of them is banner kits.  Yes!  Kits!  The banners are made of canvas and have brass eyelets in them for stringing.  You can get a kit with stencils, and a couple of embellishment kits for decorating a banner for Halloween or Christmas.  I chose a couple of kits.  I just had to have the stencils and went with Halloween.

I had a blast putting this together.  I tried both spritzing and daubing ink on the background stencils.  Daubing worked better for me, but you may like spritzing.  The canvas pieces are 5"X7" and make quite a nice sized banner as you can see.


The Halloween Banner Simply Created Accessory Kit (132698 $9.99) comes with all kinds of fun things.  Paper and centers for 4 rosettes, w glittered die cut accents, 5 black faceted buttons, 5 Summer Starfruit buttons and ribbon galore!!

The kit with the stencils is called Build A Banner Simply Created Kit (133507 $19.99) comes with 18 canvas banners, 6 each of three designs, 9' of jute twine, a Stampin' Spritzer, and image and alphabet stencils.

You can also purchase more canvas banners (18) and twine with the Banner Simply Created Kit (132699 $9.99).

Click here to purchase the supplies to make your own banner!

Until next time, remember, if I can stamp, you can, too!

No comments: