Friday, April 22, 2011

VC Rocks Preview Challenge

Hi, Stampers.  I have a card to show you, but it will require some explanation.  I belong to a yahoo group that runs through the summer every year.  It's called VC_Rocks and is a celebration of everything Stampin' Up!  Each year the returning members get to start about 2 weeks before they let the newbies in.  We have some preview challenges to "warm up".  This card is actually 2 of the challenges.  The first part was to use 3 quarter sheets of cardstock, 2 colors from one color group and one from another color group.  We could add texture or smooch spritz, but not paint or ink.  I chose Night of Navy and More Mustard from the Regals collection and Real Red from the Brights collection.  I pierced the Night of Navy, Crimped the More Mustard, and used a Texturz plate on the Real Red (but you can't really tell now that I'm done).  Here are what it looked like after the first part.

After this challenge there was one day in between before we did anything to these pieces of paper.  Then we were instructed to make a card of congratulations or praise with these pieces.  We could cut, tear, punch or die cut them at this point.  We could use one sentiment stamp and a cardbase and white or vanilla with it.  Only one stamp.  No ink on the paper.
Here is what I came up with.  It really was quite a challenge.  It had been a while since I had relied only on texture to make a card!  It is really hard to tell from the picture, but I crimped the More Mustard both ways to make a "waffle pattern".  Since I had pierced the Night of Navy in a circular pattern, I thought I should carry on with circles.  I hope you enjoy looking.
That's it for this time.  Have a great weekend and a Happy Easter.  Remember, if I can stamp, you can, too!





2 comments:

Jann McCollom said...

Cute stuff Tory. I can't wait to see more!!

Sharon Carr said...

Hi Tory, I really like what you came up with for the challenges! It's a really cute idea!