Sunday, February 6, 2011

Inspiration Challenge

Happy weekend, Stampers!  It has been a lovely weekend here.  No snow, sunny skies, melting snow.  Of course the weatherman said it won't last.  We are supposed to get another "significant" winter storm on Tuesday.  We have already set records for snow accumulation here in good ole Oklahoma!  We had 12.1" with the blizzard on Monday and another 2 or 3 inches on Friday.  Our side roads are still snow packed and probably won't be clear before the next storm comes in.  Oh well.  It looks like another day or two away from work and more stamping time!  :)

Speaking of stamping time, a group of local demos get together once a month and stamp.  Well, since the roads were dangerous, we had a virtual get together this month.  One of our "projects" was an inspiration challenge.  Here's the inspiration picture.
I just loved the glass bottles and jars, the flowers and the colors.  Here is what I came up with.

It is a bit darker overall than what I had in mind, but I just couldn't find a better color for the cardbase.   I kind of started this one from the top down.  I knew what set I wanted to use as soon as I saw the picture.  I used A Slice of Life, a hostess set from the Occasions Mini.  I water colored it with classic stamp pads and a blender pen.  This is only about my 3rd attempt at watercoloring, so it's not perfect....  Next I wanted to incorporate the color of the wood so I sponged Soft Suede over More Mustard cardstock.  I tinted some white grosgrain ribbon with my Melon Mambo marker and attached it all to a cardbase of Chocolate Chip that I ran through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice folder.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes on watercolor paper (as is the image), punched out with the Word Window punch and mounted on a Melon Mambo Modern Label punch. 

I hope you like it.  Remember, if I can stamp, you can, too!

No comments: