Saturday, July 11, 2009

411 Sketch Challenge 107


Here is my card for the Saturday Sketch Challenge this week at Stamping 411. You should check out the challenge and play along, too.
This was the perfect inspiration for a birthday card for my DS1. He's 26 this month. I flipped the sketch on it's side for this card. I used the retired stamp set Penguin Paradise. I stamped the penguin on Whisper White card stock and colored him in with ink spots and a blender pen. I then stamped the Happy Birthday (Stampabilities) in black and all the musical notes in Kiwi Kiss both on Kiwi Kiss cardstock. I used my scallop border punch on Basic Black cardstock to make a "rope" which I used to separate my sentiment and the musical notes. Next I punched a scalloped circle from Pacific Point card stock, cut out my little penguin guy and attached him to that which I popped up on dimensionals. I attached the Kiwi Kiss layer to my Pacific Point layer and mounted the whole thing on a card base of Tangerine Tango. I started to put it all on a white card base, but it was lacking. I thought the orange gave it a more tropical feel. I hope you like it! Let me know.

1 comment:

Selene Kempton said...

OMG!!! This is so stinkin cute! I love your little penguin dude and the notes are great.. is that a wheel or a bkgrd stamp? Awesome!