Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cards, cards and more cards

Hello, stampers. I hope you have had a wonderful weekend. I had a busy but good weekend. I have several cards to show you. Some fun, and some not so fun to make. Let's start with a more fun one.
A couple of the ladies on my Yahoo group, Late Night Stampers (for more information on this group, click the owl on my side bar) asked for some of us to send cards to friends that needed a pick-me-up. this first one is a "thoughts and prayers" kind of card. It is a really simple one. Cardstock: Whisper White, Rose Red, Good
Neighbor DSP
Ink: Basic Black
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Misc: Crimper, Sweet Pea Felt Flowers
This next one is a birthday card for another lady that needs a pick-me-up. I thought a bright cheery card might do the trick. This one makes me smile every time I look at it.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Pixie Pink
Ink: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Pixie Pink
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Fox and Friends
Misc: Scallop Circle punch, Tempting Turquoise 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
The next 2 cards are sympathy cards for one of my friends at work and her sister. Their grandmother passed away, and my friends sister was raised by the grandmother, so even though I haven't yet met her, I thought I should make her a card. I decided to make them similar but different. They both use the same cardstock, stamp set and ink, but different ribbon and layout.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Dusty Durango, Garden Green
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, Basic Brown
Stamp set: Three Little Words
Ribbon: Very Vanilla satin ribbon/Always Artichoke 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon
I also took a card to work for my boss' birthday this past week, but you have already seen it here. That is 7 of the 30 items I am doing this month.
Next is to make a surprise for the charter meeting of my monthly stamping club. I hope they like it! I'm not telling what it is because some of them read this blog... So...if you'd like to find out first hand what this surprise is and you are in the OKC metro area, I still have a couple of spaces available in my club. Email me and let me know you are interested! You get to make (on average) 3 projects and get a written instruction sheet for them for you to keep, AND you get the hostess benefits one month out of 6. You do have to agree to purchase $25 in Stampin' Up! merchandise each month for the duration of the club. But let me tell you, it is SO MUCH FUN and a great way to build up your stamping supplies on a budget. If this sounds fun to you, my email address is tabray@sbcglobal.net .
Until next time, remember, if I can stamp, you can, too!




No comments: